Saturday 8 November 2014

Dream with Jelissa

And the weekend is here!

How are you today friends?
I'm just so excited to share my latest project for 13arts with you, because it's packed with gorgeous products and what can I say, sometimes all it takes to kick-start that rusty mojo machine again is some amazing supplies.

Here's the layout I did. Nothing to it, just sat down, picked out my new favourite colours and teammie Olga Heldwin's new Color Basics collection from my DT pack and everything just happened!


I covered a piece of 12x12 chipboard with Ayeeda's acrylic primer, instead of heavy gesso which gives complete coverage as I wanted an uneven look for the background with little bits of the chipboard peeking through. This was followed by some tissue paper which I stamped and randomly adhered and sealed with Ayeeda gel medium. This was followed by random patting of acrylic primer again and I used my palette knife to create peaks to give a little extra texture. I found that this is something unique to 13arts' primer as it has a "foamy" texture, compared to other gesso I have used that are either too fluid or to pasty. Then it was out with the new colours I received - Matt Paints in Berry, Coral and Olga's Metallic Pink, Pastel Mists in Antique Cream and Caramel. 

Some closeups:


Just to show the various textures I have on the layout. I used one of the new stencils from Aida's Cozy Afternoon collection and layered with lots of random stamping. 


Papers from Color Basics as my layers and photo mat. Together with some flowers that I colored with Matte Berry and some stamens from the 13arts store. 


Love how versatile the Ayeeda paints are. Use them as-is for an opaque and intense look; water down to move them around like watercolors. Also seen here is the Splash Ink and Metallic Pink which I've mixed with Ayeeda liquid medium to give more full-bodied splatters.


Another view of the textures I've created. Love those pearl accents from the store!

13arts products used:

Acrylic ink SPLASH! Black

That's all I have to share with you today. Thank you for dropping by!

love,


2 comments: